Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Picky Eater to Superhero!

Do you have a little one that won't eat anything other than hotdogs, ramon noodles, chicken nuggets and poptarts?  If your family is anything like ours, you have at least one child that no matter what you say or do, getting your child to eat something new is frustrating and beyond difficult. 

Even mac n' cheese is "yucky" to my son {who doesn't like mac n' cheese!!}. 

Dinner these days seems to be filled with threats of, "if you don't eat your dinner, there will be no snack before bed"...until, last night.

Last night, during one of those {i refuse to eat my red potatoes and mac n' cheese}moments, I turned my very picky eater into a SUPERHERO eater!  I picked up his fork and put it to his mouth.  I told him that  I heard he had super strength teeth and asked him to show me his powers. {I think that the word powers to a 5 year old is like the word caffeine to an adult in the morning}.  10 minutes later, his food was gone!  Of course in those 10 minutes, I played up his powers and by the end of the meal he was explaining to me why taking care of your teeth is so important. WOOHOO!
Here are my two little Superheros :)





4 comments:

  1. I may have been a little obsessive yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some super cute superheroes :) Have you heard of the book called Eat This, Not That For Kids? It tells kids about the "superpowers" that they will get from eating different colors of food (For example, orange foods = superpower vision).

    I haven't read the book yet, but I saw it on another blog (http://thislunchrox.com/2011/04/superpowers/) and I filed it away for someday when I have picky eaters of my own :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be buying this ASAP! Thank you so much for the heads up :)

      Delete