Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

seven. one. two

Ahh, what is in a name, you ask?  In order for you to get to know me, I will introduce you to my other {better} half.  His name is Matthew and he is pretty much the coolest guy on the planet. 
Matt and I met in 2000, we had a class together, I was a junior and he was a freshman (I know, I know,but hear me out!) He walked into class and I immediately asked who he was.  I thought he was just the cutest boy, I even remember what he was wearing{i blame that on my photographic memory}.  I was the forward one and asked him to be my 12 o'clock partner and the rest was history. Well, almost.  I still have to tell you the meaning of {seven.one.two}.  Matthew and I both played soccer in high school, can you guess our numbers??  I was #7 and he was #12.  Exciting huh? LOL.  Those numbers have seemed to followed us through the years and are a nice reminder of where we have been as a couple and how far we have come...

In 2006, we welcomed our first perfect little boy into the world, his name is Keagan and then in 2007, 7 years after Matt asked me to be his girlfriend, he asked me to marry him! So, at Paris, on top of the Eiffel Tower he popped the question.  ::cough, cough:: Okay, before you start to imagine the scenery of the real Eiffel Tower, I should tell you that  it was the one in Las Vegas but whatever, it was perfect :)  In 2009, along came our beautiful baby girl, Kaylen and in 2010, we decided that it was time to stop doing things so backwards.  In May of 2010 we traveled to North Carolina and on the grounds of Biltmore Estate, and said "I do".  There is definitely something extra special for us to know that our children got to be part of our wedding day, they got to be there when we "all got married", as my 5 year old still says. 

                                       This is a picture of the 4 of us right after our wedding

I cannot imagine taking this journey through life without Matt by my side, I am thankful for him and what he does for our family, each and every day.  His strength is admirable and his heart just makes it that much easier to love him.  Alright, enough of that mushy stuff but that gives you a little insight on a big part of me.







2 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Love the wedding pic!

    Just found you via the GFC hop, and can't wait to read more!

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete